Thursday, December 3, 2009

For Us?

The Holiday Season is in full swing. I hope your Thanksgiving was a great one. As we approach Christmas, I sometimes get caught in the tension of trying to slow down, reflect, and be thankful for all God has provided in Christ and the need to visit people and complete the shopping. I love the season and being with family; I am not so much about the business of shopping and running around. Okay, I feel better.
During the month of December our focus in Kids Quest will be Compassion – caring enough to do something about someone else’s need. This is a great study for the month of December, and will help us all stay focused on why we celebrate. God sending Jesus to live with us, so he could die for us was the ultimate act of compassion. God saw our need and cared enough to do something about it. What a gift.
One way we are showing compassion as a church is through the Open Table food pantry we are starting. I hope you will be able to participate as a family. You can learn more about this ministry at gracepoint.cc/opentable.
I wish your family a Very Merry Christmas. May it be a great celebration of life and joy in the Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment