Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm No Different

I read the account of Jesus' trial in Matthew 27 this morning and some thoughts occurred to me. Judas had remorse; do I? It's easy for us to think we would have stood with Jesus; We would not have run; We would not have yelled, "Crucify!"; But we did. Jesus, Creator of all that is, endured rejection, humiliation, pain, and separation from God for the first time in eternity because of me. He died for me so I could live. I was Judas, the High Priests, The Governor, the crowd, the soldier; no different in my flesh than these. God created us and died for us so we could spend eternity with Him. What a gift. With all the excitement Easter brings in the home, let me encourage you to remind your family that it is about the sacrifice of the Suffering Servant. We are who we are because of what Jesus did.

No comments:

Post a Comment